No real horsey update today. I assume Remus had a great weekend and will see him later this week and do have a Sally lesson later this weekend so yay good things. I did pick up a jillion and one horse blankets on the way back from VA near the beaches (our horses have a lot of clothes, Sarah!). I took a photo but it only got about half of the blankets in the back of my truck!
We went to VA to my dad’s for bills and pills and to hang out with family. Our grand plan was to discuss the possible move with them but we chickened out. My mom will have been gone four years the first of April and Dad was a bit gloomy and we just couldn’t bring it up.
I go at least once a month now to VA and end up cleaning the house (he does have a cleaning lady thank goodness), straightening up things and making up a month of pills and checking on his bills etc. (Hence Bills and Pills as we call it). I just don’t know how to get my head around moving far away and how often I would get back. My sister does a lot of the day to day stuff with him (he lives alone and is fine living alone still) and she would possibly have a stroke if we told her we were moving away again (we went to TX but totally different then since my mom was still alive and they were a lot younger, as were we!). But again my sister and my dad would be okay in the long run I think. We would have to figure it all out I know. I have even said we would offer for Dad to go with us but I don’t think he would leave where he lives now.
My brother is the only one who knows about the offer and he thinks we should do it (he is a bit of an emotional vacuum in our family so not shocked these are his thoughts, plus he is known to actually enjoy hanging out with my husband rather than with his sister (ME!)).
I want Mark to make the right decision for his career. And I think he is thinking of not taking it because of my family and me and my life here! Which is awfully sweet of him.
The offer (and is is a good offer with lots of perks) he has received is to go to Memphis, TN which is not thrilling to either of us. You hear a lot of scary stories about Memphis and crime etc (just like any other big city in the South or North). I know NO bloggers there which is a crying shame. I will have to haul a lot further there if we go since there is not a huge eventing presence. The property values are better there and there are some other things that are positive but if he decides to go I essentially have never been where we are moving to (if he takes the job, we do get two house hunting trips so there is that).
He has to make the decision today (Monday the 12th) by EOD. If you wait five minutes, the decision will change so as of right now I am not thinking of writing any more blogging content just would like for everyone to think good positive thoughts for us to make the right decision for us. Thanks as always for all your feedback. As soon as I KNOW I will let you all know!